Table of Contents
Youth Catchers Gear 6 – 8
Choosing the right catcher gear for your child can be a tough decision, especially without understanding the unique needs of a young catching prospect. That is why we want to perform our duties and help you choose the best small youth catcher gear for boys ages 6 – 8.
- This all-in-one set provides you with everything you’ll need in one purchase. A top-of-the-line catcher’s helmet, chest protector and leg guards will assure you can get to training quickly.
- The lightweight chest plate and leg guards allow for not only comfort, but also enhanced mobility for those fast defensive plays.
- Lined with breathable mesh allows for airflow to keep you cool, even on hot days.
- NOSCAE-APPROVED – With approval from NOSCAE, this is certified safe.
- All the protective gear a catcher needs in one box set: chest protector, shin guards, and helmet.
- Mizuno's iconic Samurai gear is made with high-quality materials and innovative design details.
- Chest Protector is constructed with a Low Rebound Foam with a specially designed grippy surface to help keep balls in front of you.
- Shin Guards feature Mizuno's patented K-Pad construction for superior comfort and knee protection.
- Catcher's helmet is designed with a strategic ventilation system, 3-layer EVA foam padding, and a strong steel mask.
- Chest Protector: Measure from the collar bone to the top of the waist
- Shin Guards: Measure from the center of the knee cap to the bend at the ankle
- Great for all levels of players
- Lastin durability
- Stylish and comfortable
We’ve come up with some helpful tips and guidelines that will allow you to make an educated decision.
– A good game-day jersey needs well-fitting sleeves, so don’t skimp on these. We’ve found that A2Z Kits is one of the best brands out there and the batting helmets are more than adequate for use.
– For catching, a new player should aim for a catcher’s mitt that is .5″ – .75″ larger than his hand. The larger size adds to their confidence, reduces hand fatigue from repeated blocking, and makes it easier to catch balls coming at high speeds.
Read More: Youth Catchers Gear 9 12 | Women’s Softball Catchers Gear | Exact Color of Catcher’s Gear | Wilson Fastpitch Catching Gear | EvoShield Catchers Gear
– Take into consideration that baseballs are a little bit livelier than softballs, and when your child is learning to catch, this is especially important. Sometimes, balls may get away from your young player, so durability is something you’ll want to keep in mind as well.
All-Star System7 Axis NOCSAE Adult Two Tone Baseball Catchers Set – Best Up-and-Coming Catcher’s Gear Manufacturer for 2022
LET’S GET READY FOR GAMETIME – With an all-in-one set, you can get your gear and be ready for game time in no time. This set includes a top-of-the-line best catchers helmet, chest protector, and leg guards to assure you’re prepared for training.
MADE FOR MOVEMENT – The lightweight chest plate and leg guards allow for not only comfort but also enhanced mobility for those fast defensive plays.
DURABILITY AND PROTECTION – The helmet features an I-bar steel mask providing maximum protection and optimal vision. While the chest protector includes PE plates to assure safety in the more vulnerable areas.
NOSCAE-APPROVED – This set has been approved by NOSCAE, which is the organization that regulates the safety of baseball and softball equipment.
Nice quality set, good padding, and you can’t beat the price.
sizing is off, need to be sure to purchase a set that fits your size.
Read More: Best Youth Catchers Gear 12-15 | Youth Big Barrel Bats Reviews | Fungo Bats For Softball | Catchers Gear All Star | White Catching Gear | Catchers Chest Protector Sizing
Mizuno Samurai Women’s Catcher’s Gear Box Set – Best Youth Catchers Gear Set for 2022
Every catcher knows that one of the most important pieces of equipment is the catcher’s gear. Without a proper setup, you won’t be able to catch anything, and you’ll get hurt in no time. That’s why we’re reviewing mizuno samurai g4 youth catchers set!
This versatile set includes all the products you need to be a successful catcher: chest protector, shin guards, and helmet. This series of gear was specially designed by Mizuno to keep you protected while catching. These products are made with high-quality materials and innovative design details which ensure a long-lasting product that provides the protection you need.
The chest protector is constructed with a Low Rebound foam with a specially designed grippy surface that helps retain balls in front of you.
The shin guards are designed with Mizuno’s patented K-Pad construction that helps to keep the top and bottom of your kneecap protected.
The catcher’s helmet is designed with a strategic ventilation system, 3-layer EVA foam padding, and a strong steel mask that allows for superior aerodynamics.
- The chest protector is made with soft and comfortable Low Rebound foam so you won’t get bruised after catching a foul ball.
- The shin guards are equipped with multi-layered EVA foam padding that provides cushioning that’s perfect for the catcher’s kneecaps and feet. This helps prevent her from getting any injuries, especially in the field.
- The helmet is designed with a ventilation system that allows for maximum airflow, which can help keep your head cool from all of the action on the field.
- The chest protector is a bit small, which can cause some people to have a hard time finding the right size.
- The thin material used on the shin guards can give you an uncomfortable fit when worn.
- The helmet is not very protective against the ball, so you have to be careful when catching or it could end up buying you on the field.
Under Armour UACKCC4-SRPBK UA Pro Series – Best Catcher’s Gear for Baseball Overall
If you like getting your hands on new and exciting equipment, under armour catchers gear 12 16 has just released a new line of sports gear that includes a chest protector. The UACKCC4-SRPBK UA Pro Series/Catching Kit/Senior/Ages 12-16 is designed to provide performance and comfort, and the chest protector is perfect for all levels of players. The UA chest protector also meets Nocsae’s chest protector standard. Craftsmanship
The chest protector is comfortable, durable, and stylish. It also has a way to be great for all levels of players.
Not many people know about this chest protector yet so it might not be as popular as other models on the market.
Read More: Best Softball Bat For 12-year-old | Best Baseball Bat For 8-year-old | Marucci Bats For Baseball | Baseball Bat Packs For 10-11 Year | Catchers Gear Louisville Slugger
Evoshield Pro-Srz Catcher’s Chest Protector – Best Choice For Ages 6 to 8
Did you know that the Evoshield Pro-Srz Catcher’s Chest Protector is approved by NOCSAE? It’s constructed of high-density foam padding and a durable, outer shell. It also features an adjustable shoulder harness and belt system to allow for a customizable fit.
The Evoshield Pro-Srz Catcher’s Chest Protector is approved by NOCSAE. Constructed of high-density foam padding and a durable outer shell, this chest protector is adjustable for a custom fit and features an adjustable shoulder harness and belt system.
- Lightweight and easy to move with
- Won’t interfere with movement
- Safe and secure when playing Protects shoulders and chest area
- Fit on most body types
- Great for catchers, infielders, and middle infielders
- Made in China
- Not a cheap import
Easton | PRO X Baseball Catcher’s Equipment – Best Catcher’s Gear for Style for 2022
Easton’s PRO XTM set is designed for Intermediate and Adult baseball catchers. It includes a helmet, chest protector, and leg guards. The helmet features Easton’s patented Exo-Core™ Technology, which features an exterior shell made of a strong yet flexible material that absorbs force to protect the head more effectively than traditional plastic helmets. The chest protector is made with Easton’s Impact Absorption Foam (IAF) which provides lightweight protection in the most critical area on the catcher’s body.
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Longer ventilation systems on the chest protector allow for better airflow and a cooler feel.
- Protective but also comfortable.
- Can be difficult to strap down for some people.
- Can make it difficult to see the ball clearly when using a chest protector with higher positioning of the chest protector pad.
- A helmet would not be approved by NCAA if used in gameplay.
Read More: Best Catchers Mitt For High School Baseball | Left Hand Throw Catchers Mitt | Left-Handed Throw Glove | What Size Catchers Mitt For 11 year old | Baseball Gloves For 7 Year Olds
CHAMPRO Fastpitch Youth Catcher Set Face Mask Helmet, Chest Protector, Leg Guard
The CHAMPRO fastpitch catcher’s gear is a collection of all the protective equipment young players need to get started behind the plate. It includes hockey-style headgear, a chest protector, and leg guards. This kit is made available in two sizes for young players depending on their age: Ages 6-9 and Ages 9-12, both in black with white trim. The headgear features an all-around air mesh vents system that allows air to circulate and escape, keeping players cool during practice or games.
Very lightweight with great protection!
Jadekylin 14″ Baseball Catcher Gear Youth
Jadekylin 14″ Catcher Gear is a great set for kids. This set comes with the chest protector and youth catchers leg guards, both made of durable, lightweight material for long-lasting wear. The quick clips on the chest protector make it easy to put on and take off. The Leg Guards have a couple of knee designs and a protective shin plate for comfort. They are also great against impact to protect the shins.
This set is a great value and can be used by kids in Little League, T-ball, and Pony League baseball, as well as softball catchers. It is lightweight with great protection in a comfortable size.
- Lightweight and Comfortable.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Great Protection.
- Good Value
Read More: Nike Catching Gear Sets | Pro Style Batting Helmets | Best Way To Break in a Catcher’s Mitt | Two Piece Catchers Masks | Baseball Arm Strength | Knee Savers Catchers Gear
PHINIX Catcher Chest Protector and Leg Guards Recommended for Ages 6-9
The PHINIX Catcher Chest Protector and Leg Guards are recommended for kids ages 6-9. The chest protector provides a more comfortable and anatomical fit to the shoulders, giving your arm less restriction in movement. The leg guards are anatomically inspired with a double knee design, allowing for a better fit and less restricted range of motion. The chest protector is 100% satisfaction guaranteed and is highly recommended. This is a safe, lightweight, and non-abrasive product. It is good for catching, pitching, and hitting in indoor or outdoor activities.
Assembled with high-density foam padding and over-the-shoulder harness for an enhanced fit. The shin guards have a double knee design with double padding providing optimal protection. The chest guard is easy to adjust and keeps both sides symmetrical in length while the leg guards are anatomically inspired with a double knee design allowing for a better fit and less restricted range of motion.
- Chest protectors and leg guards are lightweight and non-abrasive.
- The chest protector and leg guards provide a more comfortable fit by reducing restrictions on the movement of the arms.
- The chest guard is extremely easy to adjust with straps which allows better fit than a traditional chest protector.
- A chest protector is not as good as traditional chest protectors and does not provide great protection.
- Leg guards are still pretty bulky for young kids and do not fit better compared to other protective gear available.
Jadekylin 14″ Baseball Catcher Gear Youth
Introducing the Jadekylin 14″ Baseball Catcher Gear Youth! This set is designed for youth catching gear or baseball catchers and has assorted colors for different style preferences. It’s durable, lightweight, and comes with a chest protector and leg guards that are designed for these young players. Comes in a 14″ chest protector and 13″ leg guards.
- The chest protector and leg guards are durable and lightweight.
- The chest protector has a couple of knee designs for comfort.
- Both the chest protector and leg guards are customizable colors to find the set that suits your style.
- It has a small bag for the protection of your gear.
- It is easy to put on and take off with the quick clips closure attachment.
It’s not just the fabric, it’s the hard plastic piece too.
Why Become a Catcher?
Catching is a sport where the player catches a ball or stick-like object in any way possible with their bare hands, except for the catcher’s legs. In this sport, the rules are simple and practiced by many different types of players around the world. The catcher is a key player on the field and may be the only one able to save a team from losing the game, as is often believed. This means that catching is an important activity for every team and multiple players can be called catchers.
Catching has been around since the early days of baseball when it was called baseball. The first baseman then was called the ball-catcher.
Read More: Catchers Mitt Sizes | How To Throw a Curveball with a Wiffle Ball
FAQ [Best Youth Catchers Gear For 6 to 8 age]
1. What is the best gear for 6-8-year-old Catchers?
A. As a parent, you will be looking for gear that is not only safe but also easy on your wallet. When I was younger my parents would spend up to $300 on gear and then I would outgrow it in a season. I did some research and spoke with some parents and put these together. These are good-quality gear that many parents have used over the years with their kids.
2. Is Catching Safe?
A. The short answer is yes, catching is quite safe. The long answer is that over the past decade, there have been advances in catching gear such as new helmets and chest protectors that greatly reduce the risk of injury to a catcher. When choosing a helmet always buy one that has a NOCSAE certification sticker on it which means it has passed the NOCSAE test.
3. Should I purchase a catcher’s mitt or a softball?
A. This is totally up to you, as some parents prefer the feel of softball gloves, others like the feel of a more solid mitt. When I was younger we used both and one thing I noticed is that when you have a softer glove on there the rebound from the ball is harder so we started using hard baseball gloves.
4. How long should my catcher’s mitt last?
A. This is a hard question because there are so many factors that come into play. When I was growing up I would be sure to get a new one when the rubber on it got too soft because rubber wears out and changes over time, but after asking a few parents and going through forums about this topic, I have learned that some parents replace gloves every year as well. It really does depend on how you use your glove, how you wash it, and what time of year it is.
5. Should I get a Catcher’s Helmet with a cage?
A. If you are just beginning to catch, then I wouldn’t recommend getting the cage. Get one without the cage and as you grow, consider getting a helmet with a cage. If you are serious about catching then the helmet is important.
Read More: Difference Between Softball and Baseball