Table of Contents
Baseball is one of the sports being played across the world and is played professionally by a group of people. Every player on the field is required to wear a glove But, there is a difference between a catcher’s glove and the other players, Catcher’s glove is known as a baseball glove or mitt, and it does not have fingers, which helps in easy control of the balls that do not hit the pocket. Unarguably, this position has a whole load of responsibilities than other team members. Therefore, you need to get the best youth catchers mitts possible that fit your needs on that account. Here are some of the best youth catcher’s mitt on the market at the most reasonable price and best quality.
Our 7 Best Left Handed Catchers Mitt
|Akadema AGC98 Prodigy Series Glove|| ||Check Price|
|Marucci Capitol Series Baseball Fielding Glove|| ||Check Price|
|SHOELESS JOE 30″ Joe Junior Series Baseball Catcher’s Mitts|| ||Check Price|
|Mizuno Prospect GXC105 Youth Catcher’s Mitt|| ||Check Price|
|Wilson A900 Baseball Glove Series|| ||Check Price|
|Rawlings Heart of the Hide Baseball Glove Series|| ||Check Price|
|EASTON PROFESSIONAL YOUTH Baseball Glove Series|| ||Check Price|
Read More: Catchers Gear Youth
Do You Come Under The Youth Players?
This to just given to give you a gist of the range of age that comes under the youth catcher’s mitt.
There are divisions based on age in many sport leagues, such as children of age as low as five and as high as 16 years. But this article is mainly focusing on the best Catcher’s mitt for the youth of 9 years to 13 years.
But if you are or your child is in high school or college and is looking for the best Catcher’s mitt, then you are in the wrong place.
Read More: Nike Catchers Gear
Top 7 Left-Handed Catcher’s Mitt Youth
1. Akadema AGC 98 Prodigy Series – Best LHT Baseball Catcher’s Mitt
You will experience the best quality of products in this series. There is this 32-inch pattern glove made of top-quality steer hide leather, particularly in palm and webbing. This material assists in long-lasting durability and a good amount of protection to the glove hand. AkademaLyte synthetic leather is used to make the backside of the leather, which helps reduce the weight of the glove and makes the movement more accessible and quicker in transferring the ball to the glove hand for a short throw. This glove has a design known as ‘praying mantis design,’ which helps absorb the shock and a more expensive pocket. The glove’s pocket has this triple hammock webbing design that allows enlarging the glove for catching.
- Have a super comfortable fit.
- They have many different features for the movement.
- Have Spiral-lock web and open-back design.
It helps to put on the mitt.
- They have a Grasp-Clasp wrist system.
It helps in tightening around the wrist as well as the back of the hand -super grip.
- They have double-side padding.
- Maximum safety
Read More: Baseball Catchers Gear Clearance
2. Marucci Geaux Series Mesh – Youth Baseball Catcher’s Mitt
It is preferred by many best past and present stars of the sport. This series provides an excellent 31.5-inch size youth catcher’s mitt. These series have high-grade design characteristics like Marucci’s adult gloves, despite being designed for youth players.
- They are Individually handcrafted.
Sense of individuality with uniqueness
- Attention to detail is given to each glove.
Rise it up to another level.
- A blend of steerhide and cowhide leather is used.
Softer cowhide is used in the finger linings on the glove’s interior and more tough steerhide for the pocket and webbing.
- Air mesh material is used in the back of the glove.
It makes the glove lighter in weight and more breathable.
- Features two-piece closed webbing.
It helps in a straightforward snap of the ball and reduces the chance of missing the catch.
- Provides special padding around the index finger.
- Protection from the sting of the ball
Read More: Best Youth Bat
3. Shoeless Joe Junior Series 3000JR – Baseball Catcher’s Mitts
These gloves have distinctive features from other glove series or brands, like, they are individually hand-cut and sewen and is made in such a way to look and feel like a vintage glove. They use a unique secret old ingredient that they rub on each mitt and used antique tobacco leather. Thus, provide the experience of the old-time, worn feeling of the glove.
- They Have a particular but different type of shape of pocket and webbing.
Creating issues for the youth player being particular about their shape of pocket and webbing
- Available in a 30-inch pattern.
- They are preferred for 9-years old.
- Relatively higher in cost.
- They are game-ready from the time you get them.
- Made up of sturdy steer hide leather.
- They have a two-piece, closed web.
Provide a good pocket that is adequate for catching, retrieving, and trapping the ball.
Read More: Louisville Slugger Catching Gear
4. Mizuno Prospect Series GXC105 – Left Handed Fastpitch Softball Catcher’s Mitt
One’s fundamental position matters a lot, especially in the developing years. A catcher’s mitt act as an instrumental tool as it is a glove for youth in his developing years. This is an essential aspect which Mizuno engineering teams understand and consider very well.
- They are made in 32.5-inch circumference.
Provide enough area to catch the incoming pitch.
- They are mainly designed in Power close technology.
Helps in an easy snap by the glove.
- It has an easy open and close design.
Helpful for young players by easy closing and opening of their glove.
- People do not feel so likely to opt for the position of Catcher as, despite the padding in the Catcher’s mitt, there is this repeated hammering of pitches that can make anyone uncomfortable.
- For this, they feature a shock-absorbing Para shock palm pad.
This spread the impact of the catch across the palm, making the catch much more comfortable and pain-free.
- It is made from soft leather.
Softer leathers are not durable, so the glove has a shorter life span than other brand products.
- It is less expensive.
- Best Catcher’s mitt in low price for the new players to learn.
Read More : Mizuno Catching Gear
5. Wilson A900 34-inch Mitt – Baseball Glove Series
- This 34-inch size glove is best for 12-year-old or13- year old players with professional glove experience.
- One of the drawbacks of a larger glove is that it makes the not so easy movement of the hand.
But also provide good surface area to catch each pitch.
- Unlike other mitts, this is made from a single material, i.e., from complete, cowhide, dark brown leather.
This makes the glove more durable with a nice and classy look.
- This soft leather helps in attaining good curvature of the hand, thus, making a more comfortable fit.
- The low-profile heel is developed by the engineers of the Wilson, which enhances the glove flexibility for easy opening and closing of the glove.
- This glove is said to require little break in between as it is made from soft cowhide leather.
- Its size makes it unique and lets it stand out from the crowd.
Read More: Wilson Catchers Gear
6. Rawlings Gamer 32-inch Mitt – Left Hand Throw Catchers Mitt
One can say this is one of the best youth catcher’s mitts. It is just a scaled-down version of the Rawlings Pro model in the size of 32-inch.
- The glove has a pro-taper pattern having smaller opening and finger stalls.
Thus, have a comfortable and cozy fit and makes it a perfect choice for the youth.
- It has reinforced palm padding and back-of-hand linings.
Creating a cushiony as well as a protective bubble around the hand
- Pro soft leather shield is used in making black and red mitts.
- It also cuts down on break-in time.
One would worry about the durability of the glove as it is made from softer leather, but that is taken care of by the company as Tennessee rawhide leather lacings are provided, which ensure the durability and helps in retaining the shape well for a long time.
The glove has an open back design for the backside of the glove, making it convenient, with the front having a one-piece, closed webbing. It makes an easy grab for small hands.
Read More: Softball Combat Bats
7. Easton Mako Youth Series Mitt – Youth Baseball Glove Series
Easton is an established company with having a varied range of fungo softball bats and Catcher’s mitts.
- They provide the mitt in 31-inch size,
One can say a scaled-down version of pro glove that youth players can wear
- Finger linings have super soft, sponge-like material
Provide not only added comfort but also can help in dampening the ball sting
- Easton company uses HYPERLITE technology, light in weight polyurethane material that works in combination with the pro cowhide construction.
- In the less critical area of gloves, they use Hyperlite material.
It helps to reduce the weight and make the glove more balanced
- It has a significant span of life and an excellent ability to transfer balls from glove to hand.
- They require less time to get your glove game faster
- This company’s products have good quality with an affordable range of products.
Read More: Catchers Gear Under Armour
Conclusion [Left Handed Catchers Gear]
Life throws good opportunities at us, and to succeed in that, and we need to take care of every aspect of it. And if your child is taking an interest in the best catchers gear position in baseball thus, finding the best youth catcher’s mitt is very important, at least in one’s developing years and that too, within our budget. But it is more difficult if you don’t know what to look for and where to look. Also, remember while purchasing the Catcher’s mitt that you want it for a left-handed thrower or right-handed thrower.
So, now you have access to the information regarding the various types of Catcher’s mitt with a different kind of material and shape in one place, and you can choose one according to your needs. I hope you find this helpful information.
Also Read:- All Star Catchers Gear 7-9 | Catchers Gear Youth Sizing | Best Catcher Gear Sets | Youth Baseball Arm Strengthening Exercises | Yadier Molina Catchers Equipment | Nike Old School Catchers Mask