The best softball bats are made mostly of aluminum. The bat should have a BBCOR certification on it. Almost all softball bats are round, ranging in weight from 16 ounces to 31 ounces. These bats will be available in a variety of colors, such as green and pink.
There are many factors that go into choosing the best slow pitch softball bat for you – length, weight, grip size, handle type, and color to name a few.
Let’s start with the length of the bat. The acceptable length range for slow-pitch softball bats is between 26 and 29 inches. Anything shorter than 26 inches is going to be considered a youth bat, while anything longer than 29 inches might not be approved for play in your league. Both of these lengths are okay to use, it depends on your player’s age and the type of league you are playing in. You may have heard that bigger isn’t always better for baseball bats.
There are many different types of bats that go into play in the field of slow-pitch softball. Many people prefer a wooden bat because they provide more control, but there are many others who would rather use a metal one that is easier to swing and less damaging to the ball. There are also those who will not use any particular type of bat and just use what is available. What follows below is a list of some of the best slow-pitch softball bats that you can find on the market today. Hopefully, it will help you to make a more informed decision.
Top 3 Best Slowpitch Softball Bats
- Pro Maple Barrel
- Continuous Taper Design
- Paraflex Composite Handle
- 90 Day Warranty
- Designed and Built in the USA Certification: ASA, ISA, NSA, USA Softball, USSSA
- 12" SC4 Alloy Barrel: Built for a solid feel on contact
- 1 Piece Alloy Construction
- Designed and Built in the USA
- Certifications: 1.20 BPF, ASA, ISA, NSA, USA Softball, USSSA
- DeMarini 2023 Lady Cartel Slowpitch Softball Bat - 34"/25 oz
- APC Barrel: Advanced Performance Composite Barrel designed for maximum compression and rapid break-in for a game-ready feel
- 13.5" Midload Barrel
- Designed and Built in the USA
10 Best Slow-Pitch Softball Bats In 2022
DeMarini USA Slow Pitch Softball Bat – Hottest Slowpitch Softball Bats
This website offers information on the DeMarini 2022 Nihilist Dale Brungardt 12″ Endload USA Slow Pitch Softball Bat. It features a 2 1/4-inch barrel diameter and weighs 12.0 ounces. The bat features an end-loaded swing feel and is composed of a two-piece composite barrel as well as an ASA certification stamp. This bat is for slow-pitch softball bats in the US, not for fast-pitch play.
Dimensions: 2 1/4” Barrel Diameter / 12” Length / End Loaded Swing Feel / 2-Piece, Composite Barreled Slow Pitch Bat
Features: USA (ASA) Certification Stamp
- The USA (ASA) certification stamp shortens the manufacturing process and reduces the costs of producing this model compared to other bat models that are not certified.
- The USA (ASA) certification stamp is becoming a more popular symbol in the world of softball. It allows players to know that their bat model has been approved by the ASA which is a well-respected organization in sports equipment.
There are no cons associated with this DeMarini 2022 Nihilist Dale Brungardt 12″ Endload USA Slow Pitch Softball Bat.
Axe Bat 2023 Avenge Pro Infrared USSSA & USA Slowpitch Softball Bat
For all the ball players out there, it is time to get excited because we’re introducing a new, as-of-yet unheard-of bat that promises to blow your mind. This Axe Bat 2023 Avenge Pro Infrared USSSA & USA Slowpitch Softball Bat is one of the company’s latest products and boasts incredible features thanks to its dual-stamp composite construction. In fact, this product is one of the most popular on the market today, and for good reason. This is a stick that was designed to last and designed to perform.
The Axe Bat 2023 Avenge Pro Softball Bat has a 2-piece Charged Carbon +- Plus construction. The interior of the bat is virtually split into two halves and over each half, the face is created using a completely different kind of composite. Because the material is layered in this manner, Axe Bat was able to create a composite bat that is more durable. The interior is composed of Charged Composite material and Composition Composite handle.
This bat’s Hyper-Whip Cap delivers a massive amount of energy to the ball and gives you a greater amount of whip, reducing your swing time. Its Axe Handle boasts Hyperlite technology as well – which is extremely lightweight – in order to provide you with more stability and control, even when your swing is unhinged.
- The softball bat is designed to make the batter’s swing faster and more effective than ever before.
- The bat has a special coating on it for better grip and balance.
- The bat is made with high-quality material – thus, its life expectancy is much longer as well as its durability.
- Because the bat is made of high-quality material, it’s quite expensive.
- Some have complained about the lack of durability, especially for the exterior of the bat which is prone to get dented and chipped easily.
DeMarini 2023 Mercy Slowpitch Softball Bat – 34″ – Best Slowpitch Softball Bats Ever
If you’re new to the game, or a more experienced player looking for a new bat, then this DeMarini 2023 Mercy Slowpitch Softball Bat – 34″/25 oz is for you. It features stack3d double wall barrel construction and 4One composite handle designed for increased barrel performance. The 13″ balanced barrel ensures the stick stays steady throughout your swing, and its design is made in the USA.
- The bat feels really good in your hands and can bring you around 6 ft of distance, which makes it a threat at the plate.
- This is a good bat for divers since it’s lightweight and has a smaller profile, making it easy to move in the box and get under the ball, along with killing it(for success).
- The bat has a pretty stiff grip, and it’s hard to get a good grip on the handle when you’re trying to swing.
- People with small hands may have trouble holding onto this bat since it is slightly large.
Miken Freak Primo 14″ Balanced Slowpitch USSSA Bat – Slow Pitch Softball Bats clearance
Miken’s Freak™ 14 Slowpitch USSSA Bat is the first bat in the marketplace to combine new EFLEX 360 technology with C-4 Carbon Fiber for the most sought-after performance and durability. With F4P Energy Transfer, A1 Knob, and 100% Approved for Play in USSSA, ISA, and NSA Leagues…this is a must-have Bat! *NEW* “BODY-STYLE” | Classic Freak™ drop handle & slowpitch bat …but with a newer, more aggressive handle shape in the same size. This design provides players with increased comfort at the plate and a new look from the old standard Freak™.
- For the most aggressive swing, the Freak 14’s barrel is made up of several layers of carbon fibers and a durable epoxy surrounding a foam core.
- The result, according to Miken’s tests, is a barrel that flexes from end to end. This feature, combined with energy transfer technology (F4P), will allow the barrel to continue to flex long after contact with the ball.
- As a result of the barrel’s performance, the Freak 14 is on the heavier side, coming in at 2.65 pounds (20-ounce size).
- The Freak’s technology makes it feel and swing like a much lighter bat. For players who prefer a heavier bat, it may not be for you. However, for those who are looking for an advanced bat that offers flexibility and power, this is your new favorite piece of sports equipment.
Dudley Dan Smith Doom Max Endload USSSA Slowpitch 240 Series Softball Bat
It’s hard to find a bat that is just right for you, but not to worry! We have an excellent solution with Dudley Dan Smith’s Doom Max Endload Slowpitch 240 softball bat.
Dudley Dan Smith bats are always made by hand, so you can be sure that the bat will fit your needs perfectly. The 2-piece design with Micro Ply Technology gives you a compact barrel and max power load.
A lighter barrel minimizes vibrations for a better feel. In addition, the bat’s progressive max end load delivers maximum power. With a total weight of 2 oz., it gives you a powerful swing to win games.
The bat works perfectly with the USSSA Slowpitch softball standard, so you can use it to play the game on your local field with the best players.
- Works well with USSSA Slowpitch Softball standard
- Progressive max end load makes the swing powerful and consistent
- A compact barrel gives you better control and feel
- The bat is more expensive than others
- The bat feels heavier than others
Miken 2022 Ultra Gamer Slowpitch Bat – 2022 Slowpitch Softball Bats
What’s your preferred bat? Whether you’re a competitive slow pitch player or just looking to hit the ball further, this is the bat to get you there. Made of Miken’s exclusive C-4 carbon fiber, it maximizes the angle layup in the barrel profile design process and provides maximum barrel flex, performance, and 360-degree durability making it easy for you to maximize your power. The innovative F4P connection allows for the increased handle-to-barrel energy transfer that leads to more performance and barrel flex. The barrel is created using a patent-pending technology that creates an even balance of flex and stiffness, making it the most durable Miken bat ever.
Sturdy, not as heavy as other slowpitch bats, grips well, good for beginners, nice pop on contact
Not for high school players
DeMarini 2023 Lady Cartel Slowpitch Softball Bat – 34″ – 2022 Slowpitch Softball Bats
If you’ve been playing softball for more than a few years and are looking for a bat that is both powerful and easy to use, then the DeMarini 2023 Lady Cartel bat may be the right choice for you. With an APC composite barrel that can be broken in quickly and a ZnX alloy handle that flexes less, this bat gives you increased performance with all barrels. The 13.5-inch midload barrel is perfect if you like to keep your hands close together when swinging. Designed and Built in the USA.
- Hot bat
- Easy to swing and generate power with
- Excellent bat for the price and budget.
- The handle is not well made and some cracking
- Bat broke after a few games
DeMarini 2022 Steel Slowpitch Softball Bat – Best Slowpitch Softball Bat for Home Runs
This ball is designed and built in the United States by DeMarini. The bat has a 12-inch, Carburized Seamless Drawn Steel Barrel (for increased performance, strength, and durability) with ZnX Alloy Handle (increasing stiffness and durability) which can flex less and forces the barrel to deflect more for increased barrel performance. It is designed to be used on several surfaces including natural grass, artificial turf, dirt/minerals, concrete, or asphalt as well as an indoor facility. Green: Licensed, manufactured, and distributed by DeMarini in the USA
- Gives an increased performance and strength
- Has a little weight
- Is a great-looking bat; it has a beautiful and unique design
- Great bat for the price
- Very good quality/price ratio
- Too light to be used in the wintertime
- Has a little slow swing speed
- Does not have any signature color
- Is not a good bat for advanced players
- Not a long-term investment
DeMarini 2022 Corndog Wood Composite Slowpitch Softball Bat
A DeMarini 2022 Corndog Wood Composite is a bat with a maple barrel and composite handle. The paraflex composite handle makes it easy to swing, while the continuous taper design allows for just the right spot when taking a swing. On top of that, this bat has great performance and quality, as well as an impressive 90-day warranty. Designed and Built in the USA.
ASA, ISA, NSA, USA Softball, USSSA
- Great value for the money
- Good quality bat
- Lightweight design
- Not a lot of velo, but if you swing hard this should not be an issue.
- Due to paraflex handle, it can take some time to break in.
DeMarini 2022 Ultimate Weapon Slowpitch Softball Bat
The DeMarini 2022 Ultimate Weapon is a bat created for not only elite softball players, but athletes in other sports as well. There are many features that make this bat different from the ones you find at most sporting goods stores, which can help you increase your batting average, and consequently win more games.
The features on this bat include 12 inch SC4 alloy barrel; a 1-piece alloy construction; a designed and built in the USA; certifications of 1.
1. Flex-Tech Construction allows for a more powerful swing.
2. 1 Piece design increases mass to create a more solid bat, resulting in better contact and power regardless of where you hit the ball.
3. Designed to give the maximum amount of control.
1. It is much heavier than average softball bats at 38 ounces.
2. If a player swings too hard with this bat, they may break their wrist.
Choosing the Best Slow-Pitch Softball Bat
Softball is a popular game in which two teams of nine players face off against each other using a ball and bat. The objective of the game is to score runs by hitting the ball into the field that’s been pitched by one player on one side of the plate and trying to advance around between first, second, third base, and home plate while your team’s nine players try to tag you out. There are many factors to consider when choosing a slow-pitch bat.
The most important thing you have to consider is the material used in manufacturing the softball bat. It should be made of the best quality wood, using only the most expensive grade of wood so that it will last longer and is durable. The softball bat may also be chosen from one of many different types such as aluminum, titanium, or composite, depending on what you prefer. Aluminum bats seem to be relatively lightweight despite their strength compared to aluminum bats which weigh about 15 percent less than their wooden counterparts. Composite bats are usually stronger than pure metal bats but a little more expensive than their wooden counterparts.
You also need to consider the weight of your softball bat. The heavier it is, the better, especially for hitters. You need to find a balance between lightweight and hardwood so that you are able to hit harder balls without damaging your bat in case of using aluminum or composite bats.